Procedure To Obtain Birth Certificate
In Every Village/Locality, There are Registrar of Births. From there one can be registered at their respective place of Deaths as mentioned below:
- Every Births must reported within 21 days from the date of event with free of cost at the place of occurance.
- After 21 days but within 30 days from the date of occurance, one can be registered by the Registrar of Births with a permission fee of R. 10 (rupees 10)Only,
- After one month but within 1 year from the date of occurance one can apply (with a prescribe form) the registration permission from the Addl.chief Registrar of Deaths or from the Assistant District Registrar of Deaths/District Research Officer (DRO), Ecpnomics & Statistics and should be registered at the place of occurance with a fee of Rs.100(Hundred) Only.
- After 1 year and above, one can apply the registration permission from the 1st class magistrate in a prescribed form and the procedure is mentioned below.
- Any Births of child can be rigistered without name and after the child is given a name, they can collect their Birth Certificate
- In case of accidental lost or damage of Births Certificate, Duplicate copy may be obtained in the office of District Research Officer, Economics & Statistics Department.
Economics And Statistics Office,
Location : Aithuam Building | City : Kolasib | PIN Code : 796081
Phone : 9862337574 | Mobile : 9862337574