Close

History

Kolasib was initially created as the centre of Tribal Development Block on day of the birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation in 1957 and was led by Project Executive Officer. It was later upgraded to be administered by Area Administrative Officer. When Mizoram elevated to a Union Territory in 1972, Kolasib was upgraded as the Headquarters of the Sub-Division manned by Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) on 5th May, 1975.

Being the seat of administration for more than three long decades its bit status of District was created by the Government of Mizoram following bifurcation of Aizawl District in 1998.